Christmas Cards Through the Years

Christmas cards has been a tradition in my family for as long as I can remember.
When I got married, I knew that I wanted to keep the tradition going.
Our first year we started off really simple and I have gotten more creative over the years and put in more time depending on the year.
It is fun to look back on when we started Christmas cards our first year married.


Our Christmas card in 2014 with Walmart print of the pictures and bullet point list on parchment paper. It was simple and cheap, which is what we were going for. Also, free envelopes came with our printout order. Score!



Moving on to 2015, I really wanted a folding card with a newsletter inside. I scoured the internet for a good price on a photo card that wasn't a postcard, but an actual card. They can be pretty expensive, but I found some at Vistaprints that I really liked, were good quality, and relatively cheap. So, we sprung for them! I designed the newsletter in Microsoft Word using their Winter Newsletter template and changing things to fit with what we wanted to say. I love using KG Fonts, which are adorable and free for personal use! This year we decided to go with a blue and red theme to make it flow together.



For 2016, I decided to put more time into it by making our own cards and designing the newsletter. See this post for how I made the cards, including a free printout of the cute wreaths!
For the newsletter, we decided we wanted to do a timeline setup because we had so many things happen in different months of the year. I again used KG Fonts, which I think makes it look great and gives it an extra cuteness factor. In this year we did a green and red theme. We also included a picture to some of our relatives where we dressed up in green and red during the fall season:


I love Christmas cards and am excited to keep adding to this post over the years! Merry Christmas!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top