Kim's Cookie Bars



When I was a sophomore in college, one of my best friends (Kim) gave me this recipe for cookie bars and it has changed my life! I don't think I ever get so many compliments on any other recipe compared to this one. This is also the recipe that I am pretty sure made Travis start liking me back in college when I actually made them for his roommate.


The funny thing is that this recipe is so easy! Even if you don't like baking, this recipe is very easy to pull out in not that much time--from start to finish it can be done in 30 minutes, including bake time! Now that is what I am talking about! We have used this recipe so many times when we think, "Oh, we should take something. We don't have that much time because we waited until the last minute...Let's whip out some cookie bars." Works. Every. Time.


If you want that cookie taste, but don't want to spoon out individual cookies and if you want a cross between blondies and still have chocolate in there, this recipe is for you! The other great thing about this recipe is that you probably have most of the ingredients in your house right now if you do any sort of baking on a regular basis. When we go to the store, we just pick up a cake mix and whip these up when we get home.

Tips and Tricks:

Since I have made this recipe close to probably 50 times, I have perfected the thickness and baking of these bars. For me, I like thicker bars, even though there won't be as many. So I use a 7x11 dish to bake these and they usually take 27 minutes in the oven. However, I have baked them in a 9x13 pan as well and they come out thinner and take less time in the oven (around 20 minutes). You can also use a 9x9 square cake pan to bake these and they will come out super thick, so they take around 30 minutes in the oven. I know that not everyone has a 7x11 glass pan, but they are perfect for these!


The batter should be pretty wet, like a cake or brownie batter. When pouring into the glass pan use the rubber spatula to spread to the edges to get more even baking.

You know they are done when they have a browning on the top and a fork comes out clean.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top