Simple Birthday Gifts


Since it is always birthday season for someone, I thought it would be a good idea to share what I usually do for coworkers, friends, and children.


For my coworkers and friends I usually get lotion, soap, bubble bath, or bath salts. It can be so simple, but very cute. When I was younger, my mom, sister, and I kept a basket full of lotions and soaps and when it was someone's birthday that we knew and wanted to give them a quick gift (because we lived far away from any sort of store you can get those things in, even Walmart) we would just reach in the basket and grab one or two things and wrap it up cute. The tradition has carried on today and I have a basket of lotions and soaps in our house and it is one of the best things when I need a gift or when I want some lotion myself!


For kids ranging from ages 1-5 I always give them something that is so simple (not to mention cheap!): BUBBLES! Travis and I were called as nursery workers for our church last year for a few months and we always had "bubble time" at the end of class while we finished cleaning up and waiting for parents to come pick kids up. I was amazed at how much fun the little toddlers in our class had at chasing bubbles. Then I went to Walmart shortly after that in their party favor aisle and saw that they have so many bubble options, so I bought up some bubbles and whenever a child I know has a birthday, I go to the bubble drawer and wrap some up!


For kids ranging from ages 6-11 I usually like to give books. I find tons of used books at garage sales, library sales, and second-hand stores. When I was a teacher, I would have the students pick from a bucket of used books for their birthday and they were always so excited to get a book that was new to them that they didn't even care they were used!


Another idea is to make a homemade coloring book and give crayons with it as a gift. As a teacher, there would always be kids every year who would beg me to stay in from recess so they could color. Here is an example of an ABC coloring book for free!


What are your favorite gift ideas?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top