9 Blogs that Inspire Me


Missy Sue

If you love braiding and hairstyling, this blog is the best! I love all of her hair tutorials because they are clear, simple, and she makes the most complicated of braids look so easy. She takes great pictures and describes in her blog posts each step so that you know what you are doing. She has done hundreds of braids and hairstyles and posts weekly. I also liked following her pregnancy posts when I was pregnant and got some clothes from the sites she suggested. If you want to feel inspired with hair, visit Missy Sue's blog.


Magnolia Market

This is Joanna Gaines's blog that follows the episodes of Fixer Upper house remodels, holiday crafts, house decorating ideas, pictures of their huge, beautiful farmhouse, and even gardening tips. I don't currently have a home that I can remodel or change at all but I feel inspired by Joanna's designs and it makes me want to redesign our house or at least wonder how I could. If you want to look at beautiful homes and clear, crisp designs go to her blog and feel inspired!


Two Sisters and a Story

This blog is beautiful and does a variety of things from crafts, recipes, card-making, deal alerts at local stores, etc. It is written by two sisters (Lyndsie and Natalie) and Alanna Story, hence, two sisters and a "story". From beautiful pictures to cute posts, they post almost every single day with something beautiful and fun. If you want to feel inspired especially in the Valentine's Day season coming up quick, check out their blog.

McKenzie Sue Makes

McKenzie does a little of everything and is a real Renaissance woman! She designs, cooks, sews, crafts, and does it all flawlessly! I love the design of her blog and if I were a better coder, my blog could look half as good as hers! She also does photography so all of her pictures are beautiful. If you want to be inspired in many different ways, visit her blog! Also, if you have any design needs for your own blog or site, she is the person to ask. She is very talented and I would recommend her skills to anyone! She also has a shop on her blog if you want to purchase anything from her.


The Miss Olivia

I love teaching blogs and this blog fits all of the things that I love about teaching. I love Olivia's anecdotes and stories of teaching--it reminds me of my time as a first grade teacher. I also love how she has posts that are research-based and also has very cute resources on her Teachers Pay Teachers store. When our baby girl gets older, I will definitely be buying her resources to teach her early literacy! Her blog inspires me to be a better teacher and parent (even though I am not teaching full-time anymore).


Merry Happy Blog

I fully admit that I creep on blogs of people, and I have to say that Hannah's blog is just so genuine as she talks about her life as a mom, wife, and budding photographer. I believe she is starting up a photography business in the Utah area. I would recommend her skills because I get inspired looking at her photos and how beautifully crisp they are. I wish I had those skills sometimes when I look at all of our blurry family photos, but maybe one day I will learn! Read Hannah's blog if you want to relax, read some good stories, and have a good laugh. :)


Perez Family Recipes

This blog is a lot of my mom's cooking with pictures and just the recipe (none of that scrolling through someone's life story to get to a recipe!) I go to this blog so much when I want one of my mom's family recipes and she has tagged them in a way that is very easy to find them! It is so convenient when I am at the store and decide I want to make one of my mom's recipes and I can just look up her blog and find the ingredients quick! My mom's cooking has always inspired me to be a better cook (although my husband far outshines me in the kitchen), but maybe one day I will have her skills when it comes to making rolls. Yum!


Dear Juliet

My husband, Travis, started this blog when we found out I was pregnant with Juliet. He wrote letters to her that started out, "Dear Baby" and then when we found out we were having a girl they changed to, "Dear Daughter" and then when we picked out her name, he writes to her as, "Dear Juliet". I only write occasionally and Travis is much better about remembering to journal her milestones and fun pictures, but this blog inspires me to be a better parent and try to remember what is actually important. We are keeping this blog private and plan to give it to Juliet when she is older, so I hope we can keep it up for her.


Williams Family Recipes

Travis is the best cook and he has a recipe blog, but he has chosen to keep it private. He has some amazing recipes though and maybe he will let me post a few in the future on this blog. Travis is more adventurous than me in pretty much every way, but one way in which it really shows is in our cooking and how different we are in the kitchen. He reminds me to be more adventurous and try new things, even when I like the same, old, boring meals. I saved the best two blogs for last, even though I cannot share them with everyone because they are the most inspiring to me.

What blogs inspire you?

CONVERSATION

4 comments:

  1. I love this, already checked out a couple. And oh my, you are too nice to add mine to the list! I really need to blog more and actually write more about my life so I have an awesome journal like this. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I added yours! You really are a Renaissance woman :)

      Delete
  2. Yay!! I'm so happy to learn there is a place to get your Momma's yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad to discover your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that some of my mom's recipes are influenced by your mom's amazing cooking! MIss you girl and hope you are doing well :)

      Delete

Back
to top