Countdown to Valentine's Day Love Note Craft


I wanted to share an idea that I had that we did for Family Home Evening on Monday night and I am excited to use it to count down to Valentine's Day!


It is pretty simple and I already had everything in my house (double score when it comes to crafts!)
I don't know if this will become a tradition, but I am excited to see how much we like it.

Since it was my turn to plan our Family Home Evening, I wanted to do something that would help us express love for each other leading up to Valentine's Day. It is always good to express love to each other as a family and I am excited to be able to teach my kids how important that is. This is also a great literacy activity to get them excited about reading for little children and great to get older kids writing! And for the parents, it is great to express appreciation and love for those little things that we sometimes forget to say.


Materials:

  • 7 pieces of colored paper, 3-4 sheets of white paper
  • Printer (only using black ink on this craft)
  • Envelope Template and Notes Printout
  • Scissors
  • Glue stick or rubber cement (or glue of choice)
  • Cardboard box
  • Optional: Brown craft paper, Countdown sign

How to: 

1.  First, download the Envelope Template and Notes from the link above and print out on the colored and white paper. use whatever combinations you desire to get the look that you want. 

2. Cut out the envelopes and use the dotted lines to fold the sides in first. Start gluing an inch from the top, not all of the way up the side flaps. Fold the bottom up and press down on side panels so it sticks. Do this 14 times so you have 14 envelopes.





3. Cut out hearts that were printed with the envelopes and decorate envelopes how you want with them. You can glue them on the lower part of the envelope or put a little glue on the top curves of the heart and fold down the top flap of the envelope. 


4. Cut out notes and have family members write on them. Instead of everyone having to write 14 things about every person, you could have everyone write 2 or three things about each person and distribute them among the 14 envelopes. If I had 5 people in the family, I would have everyone write three things about each person. I would organize it so that each day the notes would be about a specific person, so the first day can be Dad's day and there are 4 notes in there for Dad. The next day can be Mom's day, and so forth. Since we only have 3 people in our family and one of them doesn't really care/is not aware, I just had my husband and I write 14 things about each other. 


5. Put notes in envelopes and glue them to a cardboard box. If you want to make it look pretty, you can wrap the box in brown craft paper first. 


6. Decorate the box how you want. There will be extra hearts from printing that you can use, you can write something at the top, or decorate with markers. You can also write numbers on the hearts on the envelopes counting down until Valentine's Day to practice numbers with kids. The possibilities are definitely there!

I'm excited to read an envelope everyday starting tomorrow!

Happy Crafting!


How do you get ready for Valentine's Day?

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. This is fun and I already want to try it. The brown paper behind it actually makes a big difference. Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Definitely a project I want to try!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top