That time we made rice and beans for 70 people


This past week I was in charge of a luncheon for our church that was supposed to feed 70 missionaries. I had a lot of help in pulling it off and I am so grateful. But the person who probably helped me the most was my dear husband. He willingly made 10 lbs. of refried pinto beans that were delicious and he didn't even make a big deal about it! And then the morning of the luncheon he helped me make 9 lbs. of rice so that it could be fresh because who likes leftover rice?

It is times like these that I realize that I definitely married up in the world because who else would spend their day off of work to help cook for 70 other people just because your wife asked you to?

I only got to snap one picture the whole day because of the busyness of it, but I am grateful for the experience. (I mean, how else was I supposed to know that all of our burners actually can work at the same time? haha)

Travis said that it will give us practice to cook for our posterity when we are the grandpa and grandma of the family. So maybe our skills can be put to good use in another 50 to 60 years.

At the end of the day, especially the 10 lb. rice and bean kind of days, I am glad that I am in this life with someone who is pretty amazing. And we are in this thing together, rice and beans and all. And I couldn't imagine anything better. :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top