My Favorite Valentine's Day Tradition


Since we were dating I shared with Travis that I always wanted to get each other books on Valentine's Day instead of flowers, chocolates, or cards because I think it helps us remember to keep reading and we ALWAYS want more books at our house! I also have always wanted to give our kids books for Valentine's Day so that they can learn to love reading, and what better day to share that than the Day of Love?


This year we decided to celebrate by going to our favorite used bookstore in town called Haunted Bookshop. Every time we go there I feel like I could spend a long time there! And I don't think we have ever left empty-handed.


 Here are our spoils for the day:


J is for JumpShot is for Juliet because A Basketball Alphabet is clearly what she needs :) (Travis found it and I thought it was perfect.)

The Agatha Christie novel is for me because it has been a LONG time since I read a murder mystery and this one looked good because it is about a couple who is really into solving crimes and maybe gets in over their heads solving one.

The Jewish Stories was Travis's pick. I admit I was not as excited about this one, but I flipped through a couple of stories and I think it will be cute to read as a family when we celebrate Passover (Yes, we celebrate Passover and yes, I know we are not Jewish, but maybe I will blog about it one day and tell you why we do it!)

Happy Valentine's Day!

And Happy Reading!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top