All of my bows in a row


I am a big fan of bows. I have been for years and have made quite a collection. I used to have a big basket full of all of my bows (like I did when I was little), however, the bows I was collecting now were a lot smaller and harder to find in a big basket, especially when I would get ready fast in the mornings (I am one of those try to get ready in 20 minutes type of people).

So, I decided to clip them along the fabric insert in the basket that I had. I soon realized that this would only work for the bows I wore most often because I had too many bows for that to work for all of them. I kept thinking and tried to find things online to help inspire me, but I only found organization for headbands for little girls. I know that basically all adult women do not wear bows anymore (I don't know when it is normal to stop wearing bows because I have for basically all of my life), so I realized that I would have to come up with the idea on my own.


While in Hobby Lobby one day, I found a beautiful white frame and I had the perfect idea! So that day I bought it, along with white ribbon, and went home to make my creation.

Here's how to do it:

Materials:

11" x 14" Frame (I chose white, but there are so many options! Mine is similar to this)

Grosgrain ribbon (at least 7/8" wide, but it can be wider, depending on the size of your bows)

Glue gun

Scissors


How to:

1.  Figure out how many rows of bows you want to have. I did 5, but it really depends on how many bows you have and want to store. Mine stores 6 big bows along the bottom and close to 40 medium and small bows on the upper rows. As you can see, they are squished, so you may want 5 rows and spread out the bows among the rows so it is not so overwhelming.


2. Measure out where you want your rows of ribbon to be glued. I actually did not do this part. I totally eyeballed it, but you can tell. I did leave the bottom row higher and closer together to the other rows so that it was easier to store the bigger bows, so that is definitely something to think about!

3. Hot glue one side and stretch the ribbon as taut and you can straight across and glue to the other side. Repeat for as many rows as you want. Tip: I didn't hot glue an end, because I thought it would mean that I would get burned, so I left a tail on both ends and trimmed it after.


4. Let glue dry and trim the ribbon edges to desired length. Clip on those bows and hang in a convenient place! Enjoy the easiness of finding a bow quickly and storing it at the end of the day.



How do you organize your accessories? I am still looking for a good way to organize my jewelry!



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top